Learning should be accessible to all.
As a person with access to universities and colleges across the globe, it is often easy to take for granted the deep learning and growth that exists in campus communities. Our social and cultural capacity developed in a relatively controlled environment, and we carry what we learn into the world.
My journey as a facilitator began in 2012, where I was provided with the resources to lead seminars and activities for the Tri Delta new member education program. Over the course of two academic terms, I developed the necessary skills to confidently lead 20 young women through a transitional phase of their collegiate years. Truth be told, even today I find myself in a period of transition as I learn more and share many of the lessons I’ve learned with the people around me.
In early 2013, I was developing small, interactive activities for my colleagues within my academic faculty association at the University of Ottawa. These activities were crucial for the team to improve our communication styles, generate constructive feedback, and understand key challenges in volunteer recruitment, retention, and recognition. Soon after I had challenged myself in the development of the Convention programming for the University of Ottawa Greek Council. This was my first opportunity to manage a full-day educational program, coupled with leading a group of young facilitators in creating content and exchanging knowledge.
Since then, I have facilitated prefabricated programs for groups up to 60 people, and developed and presented my own educational content for groups up to 90 people.
Accessible Event Planning • Anti-Oppression • Anti-Blackness/Anti-Black Racism • Anti-Racism • Black History Month (various) • Developing Good Policies • Generating Meaningful Feedback • Healthy Relationships (various) • Importance of Language in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Work • Leadership Development (various) • Power, Privilege & Oppression • Risk Management • “The Art of Storytelling” • Volunteer Recruitment & Retention
Past Speaking Engagements, Facilitation Opportunities, and Partnerships
American Association of University Women (AAUW) • Alpha Chi Omega Sorority • Ask Womxn Anything (AWA) • Canadian Women & Sport • Girls+ Skate 613 • Kind Space • Northeast Greek Leadership Association (NGLA) • Student Federation at the University of Ottawa • Tri Delta • University of Ottawa Greek Council
Here are some of the programs I have had the privilege of presenting, and events where I have facilitated, on behalf of organizations and/or at conferences:
- AAUW Start Smart: a salary negotiation workshop for graduating college seniors, offered by the American Association of University Women in partnership with Tri Delta
- AAUW Work Smart: a salary negotiation workshop for women at all points in their career journeys, offered by the American Association of University Women in partnership with Tri Delta
- BodyImage3D: a signature member education program developed for, and presented to, second-year Tri Delta members with a focus on promoting positive body image and creating balance in mind, body, and spirit
- Girls+ Skate 613 and the Ottawa Skateboard Community Association (2018): Who’s at the skate park? An introductory guide to anti-oppression
- Tri Delta Collegiate Leadership Conference 2018: Collegiate Chapter President Track
- Alpha Chi Omega Leadership Academy 2019: Vice-President Risk Management Track
- Northeast Greek Leadership Association Annual Conference 2019: General Education Session “Whose Language is it Anyway? Putting social justice language into action”
- Alpha Chi Omega Leadership Academy 2020: Vice-President Public Relations and Marketing Track
- Tri Delta Collegiate Leadership Conference 2020: First Year Experience Track
- Northeast Greek Leadership Association Annual Conference 2020: General Education Session “The Leadership Slip-n-Slide: Meaningful diversity and inclusion from recruitment to graduation”
Stay tuned for more of the amazing opportunities for creation and collaboration!
All workshop topics and programs listed above have been presented; prefabricated or content created for organizations is for exclusive use by and for the listed organizations. Content created for conferences can be modified to accommodate your group’s needs. To request new content, or otherwise customized services, for your group, please use the Contact form.